The property was originally settled by the Lyall family in 1857. Lyall was part of the early gentry in this area and was also famous for setting up his famous brick making machine, which supplied bricks for local shops and churches. In 1907 Warrook was acquired by the Greaves family who built the existing homestead and successfully farmed Clydesdale horses, sheep and cattle. There have been several owners since who have all kept up the tradition of rearing sheep and cattle. Warrook used to breed the Australian breed of beef cattle called Murray Grey.